Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Snot Machine.

2nd Run out -- had 5km (3mi) on the schedule today, but because I'm indecisive and impulsive I changed my planned route at the last minute and ended up doing about 6km.

It wasn't the best run, though the first 5k were alright (I think I walked the last one). It's also cooler out than yesterday (-5 this morning), which meant I got cold faster.

I forgot what the cold + exercise does to me.... it turns me into a giant producer of all things phlegmy. I guess in some ways it's good --- I mean, it's a sign the bad stuff is leaving the body isn't it? I have to admit though - I'm one of those runners who spits. It's rediculously un-ladylike, and I really don't care.

I've been trying to identify my problem areas this week. I know there's my left hip (IT band injury from last year that *knock wood* hasn't surfaced yet), but there's also the issue of my running form (which was atrocious last year) --- and the hamstring/hip issues that arise from that. So I'm trying to be more focused on keeping my back straighter.

This brings me to my next dilemma (which is, indeed, linked) --- I need a new running bra. Something that has so much "support" in it that there is NO movement, or drag down on my shoulders. The weight of my breasts is a small issue during the day normally -- but when I'm running it becomes a HUGE issue - silly gravity. The only problem is cost (because the good ones are expensive) -- and finding one that does the job without chafing/rubbing/just generally being annoying.

So that's it. 5 (6?) km today, another 2.5 on the schedule for tomorrow --- and then some sweet, glorious rest & cross-training until Sunday :)

I forgot what muscle fatigue felt like until this morning --- I'm trying to forget what it feels like again.

No comments: