Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 1 -- 2.5 km.

So today was my first day out.

I'm planning to finish the Spring Training portion of my program in time for the Sporting Life 10k in May - I'd like to achieve a PB 10k time at that race.

I'm already a week behind the schedule, but I think I'll be able to catch up pretty quick. Today was a beautiful day so I went out for my first prescribed run --- a quick little 2.5 km

I missed running in mild weather. It's 4 degrees (celcius) out there today, which is IDEAL. I got some new long-sleeved running shirts last weekend which are awesome (if only I can find a decent running bra) -- so I donned my new stuff and went out in a flash of stylish atheleticsm.

Today's run was good. I've discovered that it's my stamina that needs improvement, but that will come ------ I also am rediscovering again that lengthening my strides just FEELS better, even if it tires me out faster. I'm thinking about the possibilities of retraining myself to run faster with longer strides for the shorter distances, because it honestly feels most comfortable, but I'm also afraid to mess with the controlled shorter stride that I KNOW will get me through those longer runs.

Otherwise -- it wasn't a special run, just the first one out after two lazy winter months!

No comments: