Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm well aware this is a silly idea.

So we all know, when I don't update - chances are I'm not RUNNING either.

Got back out today for a lazy 4.5 km this morning. I'm not even sure it could be considered a jog considering it was 2/3 running, and about 1/3 walking.

So the Nissan race is this weekend. This occured to me, um, last week. I'm an idiot.

So 16km is hard on the best of days...and yet I find myself sort of curious to see what will happen....

So come on kids, let's play a game of RUN RUN RUN, until you literally cannot run anymore (more appropriately known as "Let's watch Amanda hurt herself!").

My plan:
another 3 miles tomorrow morning & yoga tomorrow night. Saturday morning I'll get up early and follow the 9mile route I've already laid myself out - just to see how long it will take me. I'm going to take it easy on Saturday... but my rule is that if I can take it easy and go the distance in under 2 1/2 hours - I'll go out on Sunday. If not, tant pis, I'll take my t-shirt and cheer on Sonia.

Last year when I was running the half my 10-mile time was about 90 minutes. I figure an extra hour to factor in the 5 km of WALKING I'll be doing on the course will make it happen.

That all said and done, I do NOT want to come in last (regardless of how aware I am of what bad shape I'm in), and I'm not even sure I WANT to wear the timing chip. It'll be on an ankle cuff - which in itself grosses me out a little (can we say bacterial nightmare?!?!), but more importantly, I don't want those results on the internet mocking me!

So bottom line, IF I go out on Sunday morning - it'll mostly just be for me to kick my own ass and feel bad about my lack of training. I think I'm going to run Toronto Half again this year, and I don't want to feel like such a lazy-ass at ANOTHER race...

No comments: