Tuesday, May 29, 2007

unemployment sucks - but leaves lots of time.

So for the first time I've still been running during my period of not updating my blog.

I've been unemployed for nearly a month now - which is quite terrible. I hate it. But it has given me some time to refocus my training.

At this point I'm hoping to run a series of half's in the fall. I'm still signed up for the Nissan 10 Miler in July --- and hope to run a Half in September, followed by hopefully another in October or November.

I'm also trying to run more efficiently -- and faster. I've gone back to 20 minute interval training during the week. My goal is to do short, fast, 20 minute intervals 3-4 times a week, in addition to my long runs on the weekend. This week I'm doing 3:1 splits, this weekend I'm going to run 8km. Next week I'll be doing 5:2 splits and will run 10km on the following weekend. Strict 20 minute runs during the week makes the whole thing more manageable for me, which is nice.

Otherwise my neighbour and I have been doing all sorts of exercise together recently. We got out the basketball, bikes, and we even bought a soccer ball -- I have visions of us running the length of the soccer field passing the ball back and forth by the summer - but I suppose we'll see. It's fun to get out though.

Otherwise - I'll just keep going with my little runs :)

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Good luck in your training! Having extra time is defintely a plus, but I hope you'll find a jod ASAP!