Friday, May 11, 2007

New Plan...

Bah! I knew it wouldn't be long before SOMETHING started to hurt. Running is definately a painful sport.

So I've been battling Shin Splints all week - trying to push through my runs. Meh - I do the milage, just end up walking alot of it - which definately doesn't count as a run.

So new plan. I'm taking today and tomorrow off to rest my legs. I'll add some Naproxen to the mix for the next few days to combat any inflamation (I got the Naproxen last year with my ITband syndrome) --- and I'll cross-train.

My plan is to go Biking down to the lake today, then to join the throes of inline skaters down there. I figure an hour on skates, plus about a half-hour on each side, will give me a good enough workout.

Tomorrow I'll take the day off entirely, and hopefully on Sunday I can be back on track for my LSD run (~15km) on Sunday - but we'll see. I really hate it when runs suck...

No comments: