Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 1 of Half Training.

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11...

That's what I keep repeating to myself when it gets hard out there.

Have been running - on a 4/5 day per week schedule. Did a 7k LSD last week (as if 7km is actually long, but it was definately slow) - and it went okay. I even hit that elusive feeling where your feet just do it, and your body doesn't protest, and for a few brief, wonderful moments - you just go on autopilot and think of other things.

I have officially begun week 1 of half training. My schedule's sorted for the Toronto Half, though I may change my mind and do Scotia - we'll see.

My hamstrings are tight, and I gained a pile of fat over the past few months - so it's going to be a long road. I'm hoping this season's training will actually inspire me to move on to train through the winter. We'll see though.

1 comment:

Sara said...

My training for the Scotia half was also supposed to start today - sucks to be me it will be delayed a bit! Good Luck this week!