Monday, April 9, 2007

Blah Blah Blah - I'm so hardcore, but too lazy to run...

So today I signed up for the Nissan 10-Miler - July 15 (I think), so it'll be hot, but it's an 8am start so it should be bearable.

I'm actually really looking forward to that race. It's a new race, so there's bound to be some screw-ups, but it was only $30 entry (because I got the early-bird, nerd, sign-up-the-day-registration-opens price). So really, I bought myself a new running t-shirt if it really sucks.

Anyways - so that's inspired me to actually, um, run. I also got out Geraldine, my trusty laptop, today and did up my 2007 training schedule. There is exactly 31 weeks between now and the NYC Marathon. It's a little shocking that I'm so far out of shape and so far into the schedule - but I know that I'm not entirely starting out fresh, so I'm optimistic.

It's a little daunting - on my most intense week I'm scheduled to run 88km. That's almost halfway to Barrie! Geez. Scary thought!

Well -- tomorrow I'm scheduled to strap on my running shoes for 5km. And to continue that 5km 3more times this week.

Can't wait to get that nice, tight, runner's bum back.

No comments: