Friday, April 20, 2007

The Weekend Plan

So it's Friday night. I'm done being a full-time student (with 1 class left to complete before graduation), and am unemployed, so really - I have nothing to do BUT run.

It was BEAUTIFUL here today. In honour of the sunshine I'm going to make my first trek down to the lakeshore tomorrow. I have a 12km route mapped out. Already one of my favourites. I'm going to give myself a leisurely 90 mintues to complete my run. I figure it's fast enough to force myself to keep going, but slow enough that it's not terrible.

I'm hoping to do a similar run on Sunday, of a similar length. It might be a bit long for 2 days in a row, but I don't really have much else to do these days, so some great recovery is entirely possible. Walking's allowed as well, so I'll just push through and keep going - it's more important to finish the run right now than it is to make the time.

So that's it - can't wait to break my capri's out and get a bit of a tan!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Yay for summer long runs and getting tan! ;-)