Saturday, March 3, 2007

Failed Run.

I couldn't even attempt to run this morning. I got dressed, had the ipod, was pumped to go. Got outside and realized that thanks to Thursday's storm, and yesterday's nice weather -- the sidewalks are covered with an extremely thin sheet of ice. I went about half a block before concluding that it's just NOT worth breaking an ankle over.

Will attempt to run outside this afternoon when it hopefully gets a little warmer and that ice melts.


In other news: Sonia's running the Chilly Half tomorrow! As is a bunch of my other running friends -- Toby, Ken, Vanessa, Kayla and Kim... just to name a few! I'm trying to get out there to cheer them on --- but I think my ride's falling through. I was supposed to hitch a ride out there with a friend-of-a-friend, but he hasn't e-mailed me back, so I don't think I'll be going with him. If I don't make it out there tomorrow morning I'll run 10k tomorrow so that I'll be with you guys & your sore muscles in spirit!

Yes, 10k is less than half the distance of a half-marathon --- but I'm sympathizing, not trying to kill myself here!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Hey Lady!!!

It was nice to see you at the start!!! =) Race went very well for me! PR!! YAHOO! =) It's too bad I didn't see you at the end but we took our time, left the hotel room at 1:30 and went to McDonalds... :S It was so good but felt so wrong!! hahaha

Hope you got to do your long run!