Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lovely mid-week riding.

On the weekend I joined the bike rally 80k ride to Oakville, and then I went home and lay down on the couch, my legs unwilling me to move even slightly. It was a little bit horrible, especially because I ended up missing our team's social - - because I wasn't feeling like walking to the bus, and didn't get my shite together to make something for the potluck so I didn't want to show up empty handed. Too bad though - my teammates make some GREAT food.

And YESTERDAY I left work early to get my hair cut (lost at least 2 inches hurrah!), then met Martha for a wicked awesome ride to Aurora on the same route I did a week and a half ago. It was WAY better the 2nd time around, probably because I knew what was coming, but I am also attributing that win to the donuts I ate beforehand (I love donuts!). But Mar was such a superstar, and battled through despite many sore areas, and it was a GREAT day to be riding.

The evening was topped up in the form of electrolytes in the form of purple powerade and grilled cheese.

:)

No comments: