Friday, May 22, 2009

mmm, what have I been doing?

It's been BUSY lately! Or maybe it just feels that way because I just sent in the budget for work and the invoice on the same day, and I've been in and out and around lately!

I was sick a couple of weeks ago, horribly ill with a cough that hurt my lungs. I tried really hard to wrestle through a short training ride the Saturday I was sick... and I think Martha and I went about 40km or so (maybe a bit more), before I threw in the towel. It was probably pretty pathetic to see, imagine me in full bike gear, with some awesome legwarmers on, hunched over my handlebars hacking a lung up - pretty.

Then last week we went White Water Rafting - which was COLD! But fun, and way more work than I thought it'd be! Combine that with a bunch of nature walks and I spent the whole Holiday Monday sleeping!

Mar and I have decided that it's imperative that we start biking mid-week, so we've arranged a standing date to meet after work to do the exercise thing. Last week we did a really solid, and fast, 45km - it was awesome, and celebrated by a fantastic Griffin-burger!

So this weekend I am playing soccer (eep!) on Saturday, and biking 74km on Sunday. Sounds fun doesn't it? I already have the ice packs in the freezer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you are really busy you keep on keeping on! That is impressive. You inspire many and I know that your efforts will help others too.

Love reading your blog!

Unknown said...

Amanda you are just so awesome. I am here to support you and you can do anything you set your mind to. Your years ahead in your thinking and actions and truly have a loving and accepting heart. You bring forward the important issues that in some way affect all of our relations. Love you Auntie Jo