Monday, April 27, 2009

Cycling my ass off.... literally speaking.

Two back to back (ie. two days in a row) 44km rides accomplished this weekend. One alone, and one as a training ride with the bike rally with Mar (who is such a trooper!).

My right knee was a bit sore yesterday afternoon, so Dr. O (the chiropractor) checked it out for me this morning and gave me some tips to help with the hill climbing so I'm not constantly irritating the tendons. Good stuff. Feels better today.

This week I have to prioritize doing a bit of general maintenance on the bike - lubing, cleaning, tightening etc... I'm seriously considering having my drops swapped out for bullhorns, but that is totally dependent on money - and whether or not I can locate some purple grip tape to replace the stuff currently on my bars (I will ONLY have purple!). Either way I'll go talk to the nice folks at Urbane sometime soon about those possibilities.

I wish I had more interesting stuff to share - but I'm honestly a little bit tired today and my legs are still reminding me of the effort expended this weekend. I did find out this morning that I burned about 1600 calories on each ride - AWESOME.

No comments: