Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friends for Life Bike Rally - 2009

So after thinking about it for awhile I decided not to make a whole 'nother place for myself on the web just to chronicle my adventures with this year's sporty endeavour - that is, the 600k cycling rally from Toronto to Montreal in support of the Toronto People with AIDS Foundation.

Training hasn't really started yet. All I've managed to do so far is get The Beast out of the Garage one day to cycle to work. It left me winded, with a sore ass - but good start!

I just got the training schedule, and have fundraised about 25% of the money needed so far. The whole fundraising thing makes me nervous as hell, but I'm excited to take the ride on.

So here we are - the running training blog has been co-opted while I do the Cycling Thing for the next year or so. If I ever run again I'll be amazed to be honest, I don't really miss the PAIN that comes along with it.

I'm WAY more a fan of coasting along with the wind blowing in my hair and the only thing I need to remember is to unclip when I stop at intersections.

Awesome.

No comments: