Sunday, September 16, 2007

First time I did THAT in awhile!

So it was a perfect day for a run this morning -- and only one of my LTR'ers showed up to run with me at 8:30! Lucky for me it was one of the more fit ones, and so it was easy for me to convince her that we wanted to do a SUPER long run today :)

Hahaha -- totally against the Learn-To-Run formula, but today I DOUBLED our scheduled run. We were supposed to do 3 repetitions of 6 minute run, 1 minute walk. Instead we did, um, probably about 7 reps :) Yes, that's right - we went for almost an hour today.

Truth be told it wasn't all running - we took extra long breaks to stretch out stiff muscles, we walked up a giant hill in the middle of our run --- in that 55 minutes I think we covered about 7km. But it was still great to get out there for awhile!

Anyways -- I'm 80% sure I'm going to do the Zoo Run on October 13. I like the Zoo, I like Running, being trained for a 10k event would actually be quite awesome. Perhaps I can PB.

Until then, I will do my best not to overtrain my eager learn to run participants!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Do the Zoo Run!!!! It'll keep you motivated!!! Great job lady! =)

Sonia said...

How was your 5K race this morning lady?!