Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Long Long Rides!

Well, I took a week off from Riding, in honour of Pride weekend here (actually they were canceled so the bike rally participants could participate in the Parade - me, I chose to dance on the sidewalk and cheer).

Anyways -- back at it this week. Canada Day I ended up overhauling the front end of the bike. I replaced the handlebars, retaped the bars, and did some minor adjustments to the brakes and seat position --- it took a long time, but was super rewarding. I love working out my own bike.

Last weekend I did two rides, an 80km ride to Oakville and back with a stop in the middle to have lunch with my Uncle, Aunt & cousin (yummy!), and then on Sunday I did the training ride, which went nearly to Oshawa on the bike rally Day 1 route - which ended up being about 100km by the time I got on the Subway at Union.

I have to say it - Dairy Queen Blizzards are the best post-ride snack EVER! Cold, delicious, sugar-filled. Get me home to shower and lie on the couch!

It's Tuesday and I'm still at bit sore in the legs from Sunday's climbs up the Scarborough bluffs, but I got a new blender yesterday, so am making a point to drink my protein shakes like a good little athlete.

Really -- I wish I could share more, but other than training there isn't much else happening. It's a matter of training, riding, and then letting my legs & lady parts recover before doing it again!

oh dear...

No comments: