Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cycling is Awesome!

So in the past week I've managed to get used to my new clipless pedals, and love my new saddle. It's totally awesome. I've also decided that I really don't care how dumb it looks, but I NEED a cup holder for my bike handlebars -- -- they have them at Urbane for $20.

Anyways, here are the developments of the week.

1. I'd like to give a shout out to my favourite cycling shops: Urbane Cycle, Mountain Equipment Coop, and Community Bicycle Network. Because they've been great at helping me out.

2. I cut my work commute time from 18 minutes to 15 minutes, with a best milage of 23.4km/hour.

3. Today I went on a ride with TBN - a 35km Easy Roller/Tourist ride. It was great! Such a friendly group. All in all I did 60k on the bike today at an average speed of about 18.5 km/hour (incl. walking the bike up Colbourne Lodge Road at the end of the day, and along the pedestrian bridges).


I signed up for Cyclon. It's in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

No comments: